Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
McGear10 Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:47:36 PM(UTC)

Nice insights.
AndyRo Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:31:05 PM(UTC)

Hello,

I have the same problem with my GE Side-by-Side model# PSC25MSWASS, I checked the freezer's evaporator core and it is ok (no ice) and the temp is fine too, The evaporator core in the bottom of the refrigerator freezes up with solid with ice in about three weeks and then it gets warm in the refrigerator only (so far up to 51%).

My model has four thermostats, two on the freezer side and two thermostats on the refrigerator side. In the refrigerator, one of them is on the left side wall and the other one is on the evaporator core. I pulled both out and hooked them up one at a time to my Ohm meter and dropped them into a glass filled with ice cubes and water and watched the resistance change, so I think the thermostats are ok?

I was surprised not to see any type of heater core on or near that evaporator core in the refrigerator, should there be one?

The main circuit board was also replaced not to long ago for other reasons. I also have cleaned the condenser coil to make sure air flow was good.
I assume defrost system is working because the freezer and its evaporator core are ok?

Need your help,
Andy

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

There could be a problem with the temperature sensor in the fresh food compartment or with the three way valve that is directing the freon flow between the freezer and the fresh food evaporators, located next to the compressor. Defrost the evaporator and replace the refrigerator sensor and if that is not going to solve the problem you should call a professional repair person.

The temperature sensor Part number: AP3185407
Part number: AP3185407

Here the breakdown diagrams and parts list for refrigerator

Model PSC25MSWASS

Good luck. Please keep us posted with the results.

Thank you,

Simon.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Friday, July 3, 2015 11:46:25 AM(UTC)

Hi.

There could be a problem with the temperature sensor in the fresh food compartment or with the three way valve that is directing the freon flow between the freezer and the fresh food evaporators, located next to the compressor. Defrost the evaporator and replace the refrigerator sensor and if that is not going to solve the problem you should call a professional repair person.

The temperature sensor Part number: AP3185407
Part number: AP3185407

Here the breakdown diagrams and parts list for refrigerator

Model PSC25MSWASS

Good luck. Please keep us posted with the results.

Thank you,

Simon.
jpoind Posted: Friday, July 3, 2015 7:04:35 AM(UTC)

I have a GE PSC25MSWA that is set at 0/37 on freezer/refrig, but is actually 4/47. There is frost buildup in the back of the refrig compartment. I have replaced the main board, but the temps stayed almost exactly the same.

Thanks -
John