Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 1:55:02 PM(UTC)

You are very welcome.

Simon.
WhiskeyRiver Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 11:47:43 AM(UTC)

Last note on this: I've ran down all the wiring. Nothing wrong with the wiring. .5 volts at the freezer lights. We're definitely down to the control board.

I don't know that I can justify the expense just to have freezer lights. Everything else works perfect so I think I'll just live with it. If anything else fails I'll fix it then.

Thanks again.

WR
Simon / APP Team Posted: Friday, June 12, 2015 3:15:04 PM(UTC)

You are very welcome! Good luck!
WhiskeyRiver Posted: Friday, June 12, 2015 2:26:43 PM(UTC)

I will sir. Many thanks.

WR
Simon / APP Team Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:17:04 PM(UTC)

Hi, WR.

From what you are telling us it sounds like the main control board is going bad.

Here is the control board Part number: AP4700488
Part number: AP4700488

It's located at the back of the refrigerator inside the machine compartment.
Keep in mind that you may return back any parts you purchased from APP.com "no questions asked" for the whole year.

Thank you and keep us posted, please of the outcome.

Simon.
WhiskeyRiver Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:56:14 AM(UTC)

Very odd. Everything on my gss26c5xxy00 works perfectly. Cools perfect, ice maker perfect, front panel display perfect. Refrigerator side lights up like the pearly gates when the door is opened. Freezer side - almost dead lighting. I thought they were dead until I opened the door in the dark. 4 LED lighting modules in the freezer. they are actually on but so dim you almost can't tell it.

What I've done so far:

Checked the main circuit board and power supply board for obvious flaws. No burned traces, no swollen caps.

Checked the door switch. Tests perfect.

Pulled each lighting module out one at a time. Powered fridge after each one removed. No change.

Out of ideas. Anyone want to take a crack at this? I'm not an appliance repairman but I'm a pretty good parts buyer and a decent electronics repair guy. I was prepared to repair a bad board trace had I found one. I'm definitely not afraid of dis-assembly / re-assembly.

Thanks in advance.

WR