Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
mikerj Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2015 4:56:49 PM(UTC)

I was about to post myself, but this is very similar to the same issue I'm having so I'll follow this. My defrost system is working fine. Replaced the cold control and no change. I can't see an air return on my Kenmore and I'm thinking like you that maybe this is an airflow issue, but just can't see what could be wrong.
benbenherenow Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:26:32 PM(UTC)

Hi,
So glad to be here,any help appreciated. I just replaced the starter relay/overload 3 days ago,since the compressor would shut off after a few seconds.Compressor now works good, freezer gets near zero on 4. But the fridge will not get colder than 45. I had opened the freezer back panel and drain tube had no ice,fan would run when I plugged it in,and coils only had a little frost .Drain pan periodically has water in it,so seems defrost system is fine. Maybe an airflow problem? If that is true,I dont know what to do. Thanks fo any help. Ben oh....fridge is 13.5 years old, but compessor is only about 10,was repaced under warranty.Oh,and before the compressor starting problem,there was frost on MANY packages of foods in the freezer/