Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
mgadelson Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2015 9:39:05 AM(UTC)

I removed new timer, cleaned contacts on timer and connectors, tightened connectors and reinstalled. Seems be to working normally. Go figure.
Many thanks for affirming that timer was the issue.

Mark
fairbank56 Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2015 7:20:56 AM(UTC)

I'm assuming that the timer does advance during auto dry, just won't go completely to OFF at the end? At the very end of the auto cycle, the timer switches back to timed dry (internally) to end the cycle. Where did you get the replacement timer from? Could be another bad one. If purchased from APP, it can be returned if it doesn't fix the problem. I don't see what else can cause this problem since you say that the timed dry functions normally.

Whirlpool 8299765 Timer Assembly (60 Hz.) - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
mgadelson Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 9:11:34 PM(UTC)

Timer does advance normally through timed cycles.
Eric, thanks for your help.

Mark
fairbank56 Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 5:13:28 PM(UTC)

Does the timer advance normally in the timed dry cycle?

Eric
mgadelson Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 3:30:01 PM(UTC)

The dryer will not shut off when set on the auto cycle. Clothes dry just fine, and the dryer cools down, but the thing just keeps on spinning. Timer indicator no longer moves from the Auto position to the Off position in the Auto cycle. Replaced timer, but that didn't solve the problem. (AppliancePartsPros instructional video is aces!)
Nothing in your troubleshooting guide suggests a cause or corrective measures. Suggestions?