Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2015 2:21:28 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Parts for Amana ARB9058CB / PARB9058CB1: Wiring Information Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet.

I do not think it is a defrost problem.

What is running and what is not.
Is the compressor running? You can usually hear it but also should be able to feel it vibrating.

Is the condenser/compressor fan running?

Is the evaporator/freezer fan running?

Is the clicking coming from the compressor?
Does it repeat over and over again?
This could be the compressor trying to start.
For some reason it cannot so the thermal overload trips. Then when the compressor cools down enough it tries to start again.

Below is a link on how to check the compressor.
How To Fix a Refrigerator - Appliance Repair Guide - ACME HOW TO.com

Note that the winding test will tell you if a compressor is bad but does not tell you that it is good as it may have mechanical problems.
Also there is not really a good way to check the start device.
Usually you have to try a new one.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
theelevatorman Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2015 10:53:31 PM(UTC)

I have an Amana that appears to be in constant defrost, which prevents cooling. Freezer wont freeze, and refrigerator is warm. There's a clicking noise that appears to be coming off the bottom of the refrigerator. I took back panel off, cleaned it out, cleared the coils on the bottom. Worked for one night, making ice cubes. Now, back to nothing. I notice the lights in the kitchen flicker when the freezer clicks, so i guess thats the heater coils energizing.

get me going in the right direction :D