Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 2:39:01 PM(UTC)

Since the unit shows it is ready and the oven sensor is OK it points to a bad control board re: it is not interpreting the oven sensor resistance correctly.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
paulgbernard Posted: Monday, February 16, 2015 12:48:45 PM(UTC)

Sorry Denman, correction to my last post.

When I turn the convection bake on I see a jump up to about 180 V for a second, then drops to zero. This is testing the P6 and P2-4 leads (bake element).

Sensor?
paulgbernard Posted: Monday, February 16, 2015 12:40:19 PM(UTC)

Denman:

Did a few more tests using the wiring diagram I found.

I tested the voltage to the leads going into the board (P2-4 and P2-1). Both read about 37 V when the oven was turned on or off. I'm assuming these are the power leads to each of the element. If this is the case, should it not be reading a much higher voltage to heat up the elements? Does this rule out the temperature sensor and point more towards a control board problem?

Thanks again for your help. I think we're closing on to a solution.

Paul Bernard
denman Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2015 9:45:56 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="Blue"]Although the sensor did test out fine, could it still be the culprit?[/COLOR]
I doubt it but it may be worth it to re-test it.
paulgbernard Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2015 7:45:58 AM(UTC)

Hi:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes, the stove elements work just fine. The oven also goes through the preheat cycle and beeps like always to indicate when it is ready, but there is no heat. Everything works as it always has, just no heat from the oven elements.

I did not get any error messages so I'm assuming that the board is not the problem.

I did test the resistance on the sensor and it was within specifications.

Although the sensor did test out fine, could it still be the culprit?

Thanks again,

Paul Bernard
denman Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2015 1:46:23 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Parts for Whirlpool GLP85900 Range - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet.

I am assuming that the stove top elements work OK.

There is not a fuse or breaker for just the stove elements.

Does it stay in preheat or does it show that the oven is ready?

If it shows that it ios ready it could be an oven sensor.

If it stays in preheat then I would say that it is a control board problem.

It looks like the control board is obsolete but there are companies that repair obsolete boards just Google "appliance timer repair"
paulgbernard Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2015 3:50:00 PM(UTC)

Hello:

The other day our oven just decided to quit unexpectedly. It was working fine the day before.

I tore it apart and checked all three elements (broil, bottom, and convection). They all looked fine and were within resistance specifications (around 26 ohms). I also tested the safety oven sensor and it also tested within specifications (around 1070 ohms).

I inspected all the wiring and there were no shorts or burns. The wall receptacle voltage was also fine. There are no error codes listed on the display.

When I turn on the oven, it clicks on as always, begins a preheat cycle, and the convention fan starts up as normal. Everything is works perfectly as expected, except the elements do not heat up.

I am at a complete loss. Is there a fuse somewhere which would disable the heating elements? The breakers above the control panel have not been tripped.

Help please!