Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
CCC1620 Posted: Thursday, February 5, 2015 3:17:08 PM(UTC)

Since the original agitator fins tore in less than two years, is there another agitator that would fit that has fins that don't have the separation at the bottom?
fairbank56 Posted: Thursday, February 5, 2015 9:14:45 AM(UTC)

It goes on easy. When you put the agitator back in, the latches easily bend outward as you slide the agitator down onto the coupler. When it's all the way down, the latches snap in place at the bottom of the coupler. That's why it's necessary to yank the agitator upwards to get it off.

Eric
CCC1620 Posted: Thursday, February 5, 2015 5:13:46 AM(UTC)

If we need to use straps etc. to get it off, how do we get it back on? Hammer it?
fairbank56 Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 4:38:00 PM(UTC)

The latches are an integral part of the agitator. When you place the agitator over the agitator coupler, the latches engage the coupler when the agitator is all the way down onto the coupler. Before installing the new agitator, make sure you cannot rotate the coupler by hand independently of the agitator shaft. If you can, the internal splines of the coupler may be stripped and the coupler would need to be replaced as well.

Eric
CCC1620 Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 2:19:43 PM(UTC)

So the new agitator can be slid over the old latches securely?
fairbank56 Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 5:53:41 AM(UTC)

No, the latches won't break. It's designed to work this way. The latches will be forced open a little bit when you yank the agitator upwards.

See video at 1:52 minutes, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rf4RO2MGeM

Eric
CCC1620 Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:10:34 AM(UTC)

Wouldn't that break off the latches? I haven't tried to force it off with straps but a firm grip and major pulling didn't work.
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:49:38 AM(UTC)

That's the only way to get it off. The agitator coupler is bolted to the agitator shaft. The agitator slides over and latches onto the coupler. Using a strap under the agitator is the only way I know of to get it off. Has always worked for me.

Eric
CrowderPea Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:25:22 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
No special tool is required. Place a strap under the agitator and yank forcefully upwards to pop it off the agitator coupler.

Eric

I have a WLSR3000G0WW GE washer and I have to replace the Tub Seal and Baring but I can not seem to remove the agitator... i have tried multi times using a strap and pulling but will not pop out> any help would be appreciated.

Danielle
fairbank56 Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 1:26:11 PM(UTC)

No special tool is required. Place a strap under the agitator and yank forcefully upwards to pop it off the agitator coupler.

Eric