Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
FrankD. Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 12:44:42 PM(UTC)

Thanks for giving me the part number.
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 4:51:35 AM(UTC)

FrankD. Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 5:37:53 PM(UTC)

Could someone list a part number for the $3 individual wire connectors Claw57 refers to?
fairbank56 Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 9:52:54 AM(UTC)

Standard wiring for the motor is 18awg rated at 105°C temperature. 12 and 14awg are not necessary and would be too large for the crimp terminal and the insulation would probably not fit into the connector body.

Eric
jgbena Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 6:25:07 AM(UTC)

I suspect that it would be either 12 or 14 AWG wire on a motor connection like that.

Strip off a little insulation and measure the conductor and measure the diameter of the conductor with a set of calipers or micrometer.

If its around .090 (IN) then its 12 AWG.
If its around .070 (IN) then its 14 AWG.
If its around .046 (IN) then its 18 AWG.
If its around .038 (IN) then its 20 AWG.
sidfink43 Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 5:09:17 AM(UTC)

I have never done something like this and am afraid I don't know the answer to your question. I can only suggest you take the parts with you to the hardware store and see if they can determine what you need.

Good luck.
Claw57 Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2014 6:40:04 AM(UTC)

When disconnecting the motor on my washer, one of the tabs on the centrifugal switch broke off inside the connector.
I was able to remove the tab, but the terminal inside the connector was destroyed.
I was able to remove all of the terminals from the connector (connector still good) and would like to replace them all. (already have replacement motor and switch.)
My questions (finally!) are what gauge wire is used in the harness and what size terminals are used in the motor connector?
I know the terminals are available as a replacement part, but since I want to replace all eight of them, I'm trying to avoid paying about $3.00 each.:eek:

Thanks!