Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Sunday, November 9, 2014 1:49:17 AM(UTC)

Check your water/fill level?
Most units fill to just under the heater.
Note that there are a few that fill to just over it.
Often but not always the unit will be noisier if it is a low fill because the pump is sucking in air.

Below is a way to check if this is your problem.
Set up your normal cycle.
Let the unit fill then add a couple quarts of hot water.
Just be careful to not overfill it.
Do this for each fill during the cycle.
If the dishes come out clean then you know it is a fill problem.

Note that the fill is just a timed event so the unit does not know when it has enough water.
The float (level) assembly is just a safety device to prevent a flood if the control board does not turn power off te the water valve.

The common cause of a low fill is a partially plugged screen filter in the water valve's intake side.
Remove the valve and check/clean the screen.
Do not permanently remove the screen as it is there to keep crud out of the valve which could cause a flood.

Check the hot water temperature going into the unit (ta the closest tap will do)
It should be a minimum of 120 degrees F.

If you notice that your cycles are longer then it could be a heater problem.
The water is not being heated up by the unit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
mtnmama64 Posted: Saturday, November 8, 2014 8:43:40 AM(UTC)

Hi All,
I'm new to forums, and am hoping you can help. I live WAY out in the sticks, so service calls are very expensive and take forEVER to schedule and actually get help. I have a Kenmore Elite Ultra Wash dishwasher. I think it was purchased in 2008 or so, making it @ 6 years old. For the last couple weeks, my dishes have come out of the machine still dirty. I've run vinegar through it, used advanced cycles in attempts to bypass the problem, and have taken out the arms and searched them for clogs, but they are clear. I do not see anything that could be a filter, so am just stuck. I'm relatively handy, just not sure what to do. Any ideas? Any help will be gratefully appreciated :)