Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Renzo Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2016 7:25:57 AM(UTC)

fairbank56 Thanks for your input. I guess thats why the correct valve is $50-$75 instead of $10-$15 for a Generic replacement without Thermistor. Without the input from the Thermistor, will a generic valve control temps? I realize the mounting bracket will have to be modified.
fairbank56 Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:01:42 AM(UTC)

Yes, there is a thermistor inside the valve that the temperature control board uses to determine the temperature of the water and cycles the valves to get the tub water temperature correct. We always advise against buying appliance parts from amazon and e bay. You don't know what you are getting and there are a lot of substandard parts out there.

Eric
dand63087 Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:23:00 AM(UTC)

I am replacing the mixing valve (the water would keep running slowly when machine was off). I ordered a new one from Amazon.com and at the outlet valve on the old one there is a place to plug two wires into it. On the new one there is no such plug. (I specified the brand and model number when I ordered the part). Is the clip necessary? Thank you for your response. Danny