Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
KENSAR Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 9:06:54 PM(UTC)

Thank you Eric!
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 11:40:43 AM(UTC)

That is normal. Agitation speed is the same for delicate and normal settings.

Eric
KENSAR Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 10:59:20 AM(UTC)

Hello again Eric, Thank you for responding!

Under SPEEDS knob there are 6 settings as follows: HANDWASH PLUS, HANDWASH CASUAL, DELICATE, NORMAL, HEAVY DUTY and HANG DRY. During agitating cycle, if you turn SPEEDS knob there is a change in agitation speeds on all settings except between DELICATE and NORMAL. On both, delicate and normal, agitation speed is the same. This led my wife to think that DELICATE (or NORMAL) mode is not working properly? Dan
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 9:55:50 AM(UTC)

Delicate is slow agitation and slow spin. Normal is slow agitation and fast spin. Heavy duty is fast agitation and fast spin. Casual is extra slow agitation and slow spin. Hang dry is fast agitation and slow spin.

Eric
KENSAR Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 8:05:31 AM(UTC)

Hello again Eric,
My wife noticed that there is no difference in agitation speed between DELICATE (slow/slow) and NORMAL (slow/fast). Should agitation speeds be different and noticeable? Or only the cycle duration varies? Thank you. Dan
KENSAR Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:54:39 PM(UTC)

Thank you Eric!
fairbank56 Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:39:48 PM(UTC)

Just stuck brakes. Hopefully, it will be ok now with continued use. If not, you would need to pull the basket drive out and clean and lubricate the pivot points of the brake shoes.

Eric
KENSAR Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:25:03 PM(UTC)

Hello Eric,

Kenmore washer is now SPINNING WELL and is also going through all cycles. Here is what happened. I have removed motor with gear and clutch for the second time and had access to the bottom of the basket drive. Bottom of basket drive had no broken parts but was dirty and some light rust could be seen where pads rest on drum. I tried to move brake cam driver in the CCW direction but was unable to do so because of a lot of resistance. It looked like moving parts were “frozen”. Basket drive would drop for about an inch when pulled, and in this position there was rotation. I have repeated this several times while rotating cam driver and then suddenly there was a “snap” sound and basket drive parts were activated and basket was rotating. When re- assembled the washer was working well. I bought the washer on a moving sale and do not know its history but suspect that it was not used for a while. Was the law “Don’t use it -loose it” at work here or it was something else? I now know more about the inside of the washers than I ever thought I would. Hoping that this experience will help others, I thank you very much for your prompt help! Dan
fairbank56 Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:46:01 AM(UTC)

UserPostedImage
KENSAR Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:13:06 AM(UTC)

Or is it the caps holding the spring of the clutch that engage the brake cam?