Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
brobriffin Posted: Friday, August 8, 2014 5:58:23 PM(UTC)

One final thought, check to make sure the suspension springs are still attached at the top of the drum. In a rare case I've seen one pop off during spin when the drum was shacking violently.
brobriffin Posted: Friday, August 8, 2014 5:49:24 PM(UTC)

There are four shock absorbers on the bottom of the drum.
Part number WH01X10343 see page
Parts for WBVH6240 - AppliancePartsPros.com
These shocks tend to wear out rather quickly. This should stabilize the drum during spin as well as during agitate.
At first glance the old ones may appear ok however they are only made of plastic and loose the ability to DAMPEN the movement of the drum correctly over a period of time, especially if you routinely wash large or heavy loads.
Also if your not sure how to change them click the video link on the order page and watch Matt change one.
{Added thought} I would recommend changing all 4 shocks I tried changing just the one I thought to be bad and wound up repeating the repair to replace the remaining ones the following week.
SunsetSC Posted: Friday, August 8, 2014 10:24:05 AM(UTC)

GE model WBVH6240
brobriffin Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:43:12 PM(UTC)

Please post model number of unit
SunsetSC Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2014 11:20:40 AM(UTC)

Hi all, I have a GE front load washer that makes very loud, clunking noises when it goes into the fast spin cycle. I have checked to make sure its level, and it is. The tub appears to be out of balance during the spin. Any suggestions for handyman repair before I call a service provider? Thanks in advance.