Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:37:27 AM(UTC)

You are welcome

And thanks for getting back to us. Now when others search for a similar problem they will see what actually worked instead of just suggestions about what could be the cause.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Travis7 Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 7:52:30 PM(UTC)

You were absolutely correct. I had the idler running on the wrong side of the motor shaft. It will work that way but it creates on heck of a howling noise. I appreciate your time and thank you for the download for the manual.
denman Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:54:43 AM(UTC)

Back again.

I may have got lucky.

Below is a link to a manual.
You will have to join the site and be logged in to be able to download it.
Take a look at page 100.
http://appliancejunk.com...wnloads;sa=view;down=427
denman Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:45:24 AM(UTC)

I cannot find info on how the belt is routed on this particular unit but it sounds like you have it wrong.
There are some routing diagrams in a sticky at the start of this section wich may at least give you a clue how it goes on.

I can give you some general info.
On most units:
The idler wheel runs on the backside of the belt
The grooved side rests on the drum and the motor pulley
Pull the idler wheel in the direction that puts tension on the spring. Loop the belt around the motor's pulley and then release slowly release the idler so it rides on the back of the belt.

I will go searching for info on this for you but I doubt I will have much success.
Travis7 Posted: Monday, June 9, 2014 5:00:34 PM(UTC)

I recently broke a dryer belt. After I replaced the belt, the dryer made a horrible growling noise when I turned it on. I replaced the dryer motor and pulley along with a new belt, but the plate that is attached to the pulley rubs the shaft on the motor and makes a squealing noise. Could the spring be weak also? Maybe causing the pulley arm to not have enough tension? Im out of options.