Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
circle21 Posted: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 12:53:47 PM(UTC)

Hi guys:

I am a newbie in the appliance repair world, so please be patient with me if I am asking something that is commonly known.

I have a GE top load washer model #WJRR4170GWW. It came originally with washer motor # WH20X10093. I read on repair clinics parts site- that this is the upgraded motor to washer motor # wh20x10051. I need to purchase a new motor to get my washing machine working again, and I can get the wh20x10051 motor at a real good price. Is it possible to use this motor and not have any issues (software compatibility, mechanical, etc.)? The motor is also brand new.

P.S. I have gone through all the check list's that were available on line and it has been narrowed down to the transmission shaft ( which was bad and replaced) and the motor. I have no schematics and don't know how to test the motor to see if it really is bad. I have reset the machine three times without any luck as well.