Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 3:24:13 PM(UTC)

Pull the back freezer panel, you will probably find a partial, light frost. If so, you have a refrigerant leak. Most are from the evaporator, best to get it fixed before the compressor is damaged by sucked in air and moisture.
alan kundtz Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 9:12:27 AM(UTC)

Had to buy a freezer/refrigerator thermometer. Freezer registers 22 degrees. Refrigerator registers 38 degrees
richappy Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 3:57:36 AM(UTC)

Post the freezer temperature.
alan kundtz Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 10:03:59 AM(UTC)

In late February I had to replace the compressor on my french door/bottom freezer unit (Maytag model MFI2568AEB). Since then, I have noticed that ice cream is soft/not frozen. All other items in the freezer are frozen, and new items placed in the freezer also freeze OK. Per the "troubleshooting" section of the manual, I used the temperature controls to reduce the freezer temperature to minus 2, and moved the ice cream from the upper tray to the bottom of the freezer compartment, but neither action has helped. Also, the air vents appear to be clear. Is this problem related to the new compressor? I really do not want to incur another service charge for them to say it's not their fault.