Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:30:56 AM(UTC)

In 6 months you will see how much lint has accumulated and then you can figure out what cleaning schedule you need.

I do mine every couple years but a lot depends on dryer usage.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
shosterman Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:17:41 PM(UTC)

Yep. I got everything cleaned and wiped down where needed. I just installed some louvers today and replaced the plastic grate which was clogged up. I also replaced the foil type house with a more durable semi rigid hose.

I attached two pictures of what it looked like and never realized these units got so bad. I've made notes on my calendar to do a deep cleaning every 6 months. Is that sufficient? Or maybe just once a year? Would rather clean more often than less!
denman Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:46:05 AM(UTC)

Check that the blower wheel in the unit is clean.

Check that the vent louvers outside the house open correctly.

Use as few elbows as possible in the vent.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
shosterman Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 3:48:36 PM(UTC)

Ok, so I'm an idiot. I thought it was something with a short or ground or whatever, but it appears to be the simple fact that the dryer is not able to exhaust enough air. I'm going to pick up a better right angle exhaust anyway and we'll how that does.

Anything I missed or does that about cover it?

I deleted the video since it didn't seem relevant anymore.
shosterman Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 10:05:35 AM(UTC)

Hi all,

Short version.
When I connect the vent hose to the back my dryer heats past maximum to where it's dangerous. I'm going to get a new vent hose after work, but do think it's a short somewhere? I have no idea.

Here is the video. (The break is I accidentally hit stop in the middle)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71SQL1jLLbs

Long version.

My dryer has been running very hot for awhile now and figured I needed to do something about it. Thinking it was the large buildup of lint inside I figured out how to get the front panel and drum out. It was nasty with buildup everywhere so I got it all cleaned up. Wouldn't eat off of it, but it's pretty clean!

Anyway, put it back together and that didn't fix the heating issue. Took it apart again and tested the element, thermostat, and straightened the coils so nothing would be touching as I read that was bad. Put it partly back together and tested it and seemed to be working. Once I got it fully back together it started overheating again. Took it apart again and put it back piece by piece testing and that's when I got to the vent causing it.

Thanks for any help. I just want to know if I should get a new dryer if the new vent doesn't fix it.

Steve