Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Paul-Fried Posted: Friday, April 4, 2014 12:31:39 PM(UTC)

My ice maker stopped working. The sensor light was blinking would not go steady as I read the repair info on your site. I purchased new sensor boards. Prior to starting my repair I neglected (bad decision) to turn off the power. As I was attempting to unplug the emitter sensor on the left side of the box, I shorted the plug against the metal side of the box causing the breaker to kick off. While everything else in the refrigerator operates normally, the ice maker has no power. I had a Sears service tech look at it, but he couldn't determine why there was no power. He called someone who told him, when I shorted the connection it fried something located in the wall of the box between the frig and freezer. It is non-repairable. It's hard to believe it can't be repaired, so I wanted to get a second opinion. Any ideas? Thanks. Paul