Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
derektuan Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 11:18:30 AM(UTC)

denman - Thanks again for your help. My dryer is now fixed.
denman Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:48:08 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="Blue"]Do you think the thermostat need to be replaced along with the thermistor to make this work?[/COLOR]
No.
The thermostats are just safety devices and should not cause the thermistor to blow.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
derektuan Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:09:07 AM(UTC)

Thanks Denman!

Yes, replaced two new thermistor.
I will check the reading on the control board. Do you think the thermostat need to be replaced along with the thermistor to make this work?

Thanks,
Derek
denman Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 3:17:34 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Parts for Maytag MDE9700AYW Dryer - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet.

[COLOR="Blue"]I replaced two new thermistor[/COLOR]
I am not sure what the above means.
Did you replace the thermistor twice with the same result?

Sounds like it is a control board problem. The thermistor is getting too much voltage and therefore blowing.
I do not know what the voltage should be as they do not publish board schematics.

I would check the wiring to the thermistor to be sure that it has not grounded out to the frame.
If OK then perhaps check the voltage across the thermistor (pins 2 to 6, they do not give a plug number).
I would think it would be between 5 and 20 volts DC.
Check it for both DC and AC volts.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
derektuan Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:59:38 PM(UTC)

My original thermistor did not have continuity I replaced two new thermistor part # 35001191 from AppliancePartsPros but they ran for 1 minute and I heard a popped and a burned smell from the thermistor plastic outer case. Does anyone know which other part that I need to order to avoid another blow thermistor?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Derek:confused: