Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:59:05 AM(UTC)

So, you removed the lint chute to thoroughly check/clean inside of it as well as the blower housing? Also check to make sure the blower wheel is not spinning freely on the motor shaft. If all is good, then check the operating thermostat. It should open at 155° and close at 130°.

Whirlpool 3387134 Dryer Cycling Thermostat - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
skimlet Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:32:41 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Do not leave the hi limit thermostat bypassed. It is a safety device. Your dryer is overheating either because the operating thermostat is faulty or more likely, you have an air flow issue due to blockage from lint buildup either in the dryer venting system or the external exhaust duct.

Eric

the vent is clear in the dryer and the duct is currently not hooked up so it might be the dryer cycling thermostat?
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:26:57 AM(UTC)

Do not leave the hi limit thermostat bypassed. It is a safety device. Your dryer is overheating either because the operating thermostat is faulty or more likely, you have an air flow issue due to blockage from lint buildup either in the dryer venting system or the external exhaust duct.

Eric
skimlet Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:16:41 AM(UTC)

when i start the dryer the ignitor glows, the gas comes on and i get a flame, after ~30 seconds it shuts off. I have replaced the gas valve coils and the same thing happens. I jumpered out the high limit thermostat and the flame stayed on so I replaced the thermostat but the the flame turns off again after 30 seconds, so i jumpered out the thermostat and the flame stays on, I am at a loss as what to do next.