Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 3:02:08 AM(UTC)

Your unit is made by Frigidaire, below is a link to a manual for a Frigidaire stacked unit.

I do not have a cross reference for Sears to Frigidaire model numbers so cannot say if the manual is applicable to your unit.
But the manual should at least give you some insight into how they put their units together.

You must join the site and be logged in to be able to download the manual.
http://appliancejunk.com...&id=427;t=1392983039
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
fairbank56 Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 1:54:00 PM(UTC)

Can't find wiring diagram for this old unit so can't help much with troublshooting the problem. The hi-limit (3404267) is a safety thermostat that is normally closed all the time but should cycle if the normal cycling thermostat (3204307) fails. The limiter (5303211472) is the same as a thermal cutoff and should blow if the hi-limit fails (won't open). The heater is not a thermostat, it is a resistor that is used to heat the normal cycling thermostat when low heat setting is selected. If either the hi-limit or the limiter fails, you should replace them both. On many dryers, there is a thermal fuse in the motor circuit but without the wiring diagram, I can't say if yours has one. Doesn't look like it based on the parts list but you never know with older models.

Eric
sunshine5500 Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 11:50:29 AM(UTC)

I have the stacked unit and dryer will not start. while trying to find help with this model and after looking at parts diagram I am a little confused as to what parts i need to check. Is the high limit thermostat 3204267 the same as a thermal fuse? or is the limiter switch 5303211472 the same as a thermal fuse? It seems like everyone calls it something different. also when repairing the high limit thermostat should i also replace limiter switch at same time or thermostat at same time??? if i need to change thermostat as well which one. the thermostat 3204307 or the heater thermostat 131658100. I tried fixing this dryer years ago and replaced the high limit thermostat i think. I was on the back of the drum on this unit is all I remember and it worked for a moment and then shut off again. Now I'm trying to repair again and I cant find any instructions that talk about limiter switch or high limit thermostat for this model. since this model has 3 named thermostats I'm not sure which is what :confused: