Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Randy49 Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:00:15 PM(UTC)

My Son's Washer quit after the tube filled. Nothing zip zilch nada. I checked the obvious electrical things and was ready to call it the timer when the console touched the cabinet and it started! Lift the console and it stopped. May as well been a switch.

I put it back together making sure the console was touching the cabinet. Probably should have added a grounding strap but didn't.

Seems to me that the cabinet and console should be grounded but not part of the electrical circuit. I had a dryer that didn't have a good ground and when a wire "taped!!!!" to the top of the cabinet came loose and laid across the top of the drum. When the drum wore through the insulation and made electrical contact the cabinet became charged. That doesn't seem to be the case this time. Any thoughts would be appreciated