Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
miisu Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2014 8:00:46 AM(UTC)

The model number is cgr3740adl
miisu Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:55:33 PM(UTC)

Hi :)
I found this forum via Bing search for "magic chef gas stove 8114p471-60 troubleshooting"

The Whole Problem:
For a couple of months, since Thanksgiving, the oven has been taking longer to pre-heat. It seemed that anything over 425 took longer than 20 minutes. It took 30 minutes to get to 500.
Today, the oven did not light at all. The broiler did go on right away, but not the oven. The igniter did not glow at all. My husband tried, very briefly, to try to clean it with steel wool (as we prolonged the life of our furnace this way). We found out that the electric is getting to the igniter, as the steel wool is a good conductor ;)
I'm not clear, from reading older threads on this, do I just need an igniter?
My husband lost his job because, unfortunately, the company went out of business. He just got a job, thank God, but he's on probation. I really don't want to replace the stove until after he's off of probation. If I can buy a part/repair and make it last a little longer, this would the optimal outcome.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question :)