Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
eltonb25 Posted: Saturday, January 4, 2014 9:23:52 PM(UTC)

Have replaced both the fridge temp control box and the damper. Still have same issues. If I run fridge on default setting, it will get down to about 18 degrees.

I found I can switch fridge off and just run freezer on 2 (default is about 3.5), and keep fridge around 30. When I turn fridge off, I can hear the damper closing but I am still feeling cold air come thru. Leads me to believe damper is bad. I guess I could have gotten a bad part.

Any ideas on what else problem could be?
eltonb25 Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 8:46:00 AM(UTC)

In the last week, all the liquids have started freezing up in the fridge side. Temperature has always been set at default and the setting was unchanged when it first froze up. I have dropped the setting to the warmest setting and fridge is still averaging 18 degrees.

I disassembled the entire control box to check if damper had ice making it stick open or if it was inoperable. Everything looked normal and I can hear damper door opening and closing when running. It sounds like the temperature control box is not operating properly. How can I test that is the actually problem without replaing the part? Or is there another part that I should look at first?

Freezer is still operating properly. Thanks for any insight you may have.