Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
cmcd Posted: Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:56:19 AM(UTC)

Thanks Eric, much appreciated!
fairbank56 Posted: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:27:04 PM(UTC)

That part not used on older washers like yours but if you ordered the complete repair kit, it does come with one. It's actually known as the cam bearing, not a retainer even though it's listed as a retainer on the APP parts page. If you give me the complete model number of the washer, I can provide a link to the Whirlpool parts document for it. There are 15 different versions of the LA9480XW.

Eric
cmcd Posted: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:00:32 PM(UTC)

LA9480XW or 9580
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:25:39 PM(UTC)

Washer model number???
cmcd Posted: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:08:56 PM(UTC)

AppliancePartsPro.com is fantastic - easy to use and lots of help.

I ordered dogs and dust cap o-ring which all installed fine and is working, but one thing that was strange...

There was no retainer for the dogs. :confused: I realize the drawing on the web site is generic, but I found it strange that there was no retainer per the instructional video. The agitator seems to function properly when tested by hand.

The dogs had been replaced before by a repair person. Any chance it was left out then or is this just a variant.

Thnaks