Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jeff143143 Posted: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:36:21 PM(UTC)

Sorry I did not see your reply earlier. Have been busy. Double checked with another meter same results. Good tip for the ACME repair info. I seen the problem I was having with different readings on the Starter Relay.

Thanks for the info.
denman Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 12:06:16 AM(UTC)

See the attachment for the tech sheet. It shows compressor winding resistances.

[COLOR="Blue"]Checked compressor resistance between common and either start or run terminals and they both measure infinity. Between start and run terminals it measures 14.5 ohms[/COLOR]
Does sound like you have lost the common in the compressor.
I would re-check it just to be 100% sure of this.

If it is open then it will be an expensive repair as you need a new compressor and a pro. Usually it makes more sense to put the dollars towards a new unit.

Just to be 100% sure that you are measuring it correctly see the below link.
How To Fix a Refrigerator - Appliance Repair Guide - ACME HOW TO.com

The above is a long shot as your post looks to me that you know how to run a meter.
With luck there may still be some Black Friday deals around.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
jeff143143 Posted: Friday, November 29, 2013 1:50:19 PM(UTC)

My refrigerator is not cooling (compressor not running).

Both condenser and evaporator fans running normal.

Coils clean and airflow not obstructed.

Checked overload protector 0 ohms resistance.

Checked Start Relay resistance seems to jump around I get anywhere from infinity to around 50 to 60 ohms.

Checked defrost timer manually turning this will turn off or on the evaporator fan, but will not turn on the compressor.

Checked compressor resistance between common and either start or run terminals and they both measure infinity. Between start and run terminals it measures 14.5 ohms

Seems there is a open winding in the compressor?

Just hoping I am missing something with the other tests

Any help or ideas

Thanks
Jeff

PS Forgot to say I checked thermostat coldest setting resistance is zero, put in other freezer for minutes on warmest setting afterwards resistance is infinity.