Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Appliance Ninja Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 3:37:09 PM(UTC)

You are very welcome, let me know how it goes! Have a great evening!
mikeysgurl Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 3:27:22 PM(UTC)

Thank you that's whar,t I was thinking I will get my heighbor to test and confirm have a good evening I will probably be back on tomorrow for install help lol
Appliance Ninja Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 1:25:02 PM(UTC)

If that is the case, you likely only need thermal fuses (number 37) for each oven. Those are mounted on the back of each oven and the entire oven needs to be removed from the cabinet to access them. You can test them for continuity to verify failure, they should read continuity through them. If you find them open, that fuse (you will probably need two, one for each oven) is available below.

Whirlpool 9759242 Thermal Fuse - AppliancePartsPros.com
mikeysgurl Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 1:19:05 PM(UTC)

Not positive but I think so
Appliance Ninja Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 11:40:58 AM(UTC)

Oh, that is different then! Did the lower one quit working after a self clean cycle, too?
mikeysgurl Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 11:21:39 AM(UTC)

Yes checked it. They didn't stop at the same time the bottom went out a couple months ago wedc didn't have $ to fix. I figured could just use the top but the power I cleaned the top oven without thinking about it yesterday and now the top doesn't work. Had this problem while it was under warranty and they said something about the unit getting to hot and causing a switch or a fuse in the oven to flip or pop or something like that. Tring to fgure out where that is? Again thx. For your time
Appliance Ninja Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:59:35 AM(UTC)

I don't think it is with the oven since they both quit heating at the same time. Did you find the breaker box in your home?
mikeysgurl Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:36:28 AM(UTC)

Tried the outside box ni change think its the thermal fuse or a switch?? Where can I look? Or what do we do next? Thanx for your time
Appliance Ninja Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:09:26 AM(UTC)

If neither oven is heating, you likely lost one side of your power supply. The breaker box is usually in a garage or mechanical room, often times in a basement, if you have one. Sometimes, the larger breakers are in a separate box on the outside of the home, where the power wires are attached. The breaker will likely be a 40 or 50 amp and may be two breakers hooked with a wire or one large breaker. Even if the breaker(s) don't look tripped, flip them totally off and then back on. Let me know what you find.
mikeysgurl Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 6:12:05 AM(UTC)

Both of my ovens turn on but won't get off of Lo. I think it is there fuses but I don't know where to find them and if they need replacing or if there is a switch that we can flip like a fusebox at a house!! Please advise