Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Appliance Ninja Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 11:39:18 AM(UTC)

Excellent! If you post the model number, I can get you the correct parts!
hitsropes Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 11:33:34 AM(UTC)

I was able to get the door open this way and have disassembled. Now I'll see if I think I can replace the broken plastic handle. (Odd mechanism.)
Appliance Ninja Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:50:38 AM(UTC)

Not knowing how old the unit is, you may be able to use a long, thin screwdriver to poke up around the handle to disengage the latch. Be sure to disconnect the power, though, there is live voltage at the door switches. That is the only way to get access to the latch with the door closed.
hitsropes Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:46:54 AM(UTC)

The plastic latch to open the door has broken and the door won't open (so I don't have the model number. I have taken off the kick plate and front panel but still can't find anything in the latch area to pull or push to open the door. I also can't seem to pull the dishwasher out from under the cabinet to get at any screws on top of the front door, for perhaps better access to the latch area. Is there a trick in pulling the washer out from under the cabinet. Or, can you tell me how to get at the latch area so I can see the plastic part that has broken and order it?