Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Appliance Ninja Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:58:59 AM(UTC)

You are very welcome!
BKHOMES Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:57:07 AM(UTC)

I will try that. Thank-You!!!
Appliance Ninja Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:53:57 AM(UTC)

Okay, so as the water level rises or drops, the air pressure changes in that hose and is what makes the diaphragm in the pressure switch change to signal to the control that the tub is full or empty. It sounds to me that the pressure switch is not sensing the air pressure change when the water is drained to tell the control, allowing the tub to spin. I would replace that pressure switch.
BKHOMES Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:49:14 AM(UTC)

Yes I did.
Appliance Ninja Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:45:25 AM(UTC)

Did you blow through the hose? That is what gets plugged.
BKHOMES Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:33:01 AM(UTC)

I removed the switch and I can blow into it and once the air hits the switch I hear a click and I can no longer blow air into the switch. I am assuming that means the air switch is working properly?
Appliance Ninja Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:28:11 AM(UTC)

The pressure switch is at the link below. If the hose attached to that part can be blown through, the switch is likely faulty.

Bosch 00491681 Analogue Pressure Se - AppliancePartsPros.com
BKHOMES Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:44:08 AM(UTC)

I attempted to run the washer through a cycle and it started doing it again. This time I left the top cover off and watched it run through its cycle. The problem seems to be that when the machine drains (multiple times throughout the cycle) when it finishes draining the water the drain continues to run even though there is no more water in the machine. As a result the machine will not advance to the next cycle (fill, spin or stop). I would assume there is some type of water sensor in the machine (or float) that alerts the machine when there is no longer water in the machine? I am thinking I either have a faulty water sensor or possibly the main control Board? Any thoughts?
Appliance Ninja Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:50:24 AM(UTC)

I am glad it is working again! I would recommend you run some cleaning tablets through the machine to get it cleaned out a bit. The product below is one that works well and is inexpensive. I would run all three tablets through a long, hot wash initially, then one tablet a month afterwards as maintenance. That will help with the mold and odors and also help to prevent "gunk" from building up causing issues in the future. There are three tablets in each package, so I would order 2 packages initially as you are going to use one complete package on the first intense cleaning.

Whirlpool W10135699 Affresh
BKHOMES Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:00:02 AM(UTC)

Appliance Ninja, I took the top of the machine off and began looking for the small hose. I immediately noticed that the machine has several hoses on top. Most of them are for the dispensing of bleach, softener, detergent. However I did come across one black hose that was disconnected on one end. I looked around and found the nipple that it should have been connected to. The connection point is a white/opaque canister that looks to have a good deal of black on the inside. I am not sure if this is sediment from the waste water (like you would see in a p-trap under a sink) or if it is mold? I know the machine smells of mold and am not sure if replacing this part along with the cleaning the discharge line would be worth the time to help with the odors. I am unsure of the function of this part but it is in-line with the drain line. It appears that the water will go into this (from the machine just prior to being discharged into the house plumbing).
I realize the door seal is a culprit for the mold but lately the smell has gotten significantly worse. I reconnected and am currently putting it through a cycle. So far so good. Thanks for your quick and accurate diagnosis. You managed to save me some big coin on buying a replacement machine.