Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jwicklin Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 11:37:50 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: bobscan Go to Quoted Post
ordered replacement pump AP28263484
Have issue with wiring existing pump on dishwasher has a blue wire connected to one side of the capacitor . New motor has no terminal for blue wire.
Is this the correct motor?
What do i do with wire?

For this model the violet wire goes from terminal 3 of the circulation motor to terminal 2 of the door switch. There should be a black wire on the dishwasher (comes from control board) that you need to connect to terminal one of the motor. Those two wires and the green ground wire are all that you should have to disconnect / connect when replacing the motor & capacitor as a unit.

Terminals 2 & 3 of the motor are common to each other. There should be a spade connector that has two wires one of these wires leads to one terminal of the capacitor the other wire goes to the motor windings. Wiring diagram doesn't list colors for these (presumably because motor and capacitor are purchased together and thus come prewired). This spade connector per the diagram should be connected to terminal 2 of the motor. The wire coming from the other side of the capacitor goes to the other side of the motor windings. I don't think these capacitors are polarized however if you do see a negative terminal marking that side of the capacitor should be connected to the wire going to terminal 2 of the motor since 2 & 3 are connected to each other and 3 is routed to the negative side of the power switch.
bobscan Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 12:15:22 PM(UTC)

ordered replacement pump AP28263484
Have issue with wiring existing pump on dishwasher has a blue wire connected to one side of the capacitor . New motor has no terminal for blue wire.
Is this the correct motor?
What do i do with wire?