Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
c_cain Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 10:23:42 AM(UTC)

Thank you so much for that info. I had considered using a torch to heat the bolt to loosen it but feared frying wires & electronics below.

Do you know what parts were needed to put it back together after the nuts were ground off? I already know what parts need to be replaced after I gain access.
gaugs Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 9:37:41 AM(UTC)

Mine come off counter clockwise, but when I had a repairman here he had to use a dremel to grind off the tops. Apparently if they don't come off relatively easy, you'll be twisting tubes off below the cooktop. Heat won't work, he said that is the only way.
c_cain Posted: Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:50:20 AM(UTC)

I need to know which direction to turn the 3/4" nuts that hold in the burner assembly to the range top. Do I turn them clockwise or counter clockwise. Most gas fittings turn the opposite way of any other fitting but I need to make sure so I don't strip them.