Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
terdchaser Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 6:21:49 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Avenger291 Go to Quoted Post
I found it at ************************.com 129.00 plus shipping.
They have a great return policy. Make sure you get the one fir your exact model #.

We have an EW23CS65GW1 that has the same problem now for over 2 weeks...Finally found a reputable parts supply:D and have ordered an new main board and switch interface:eek: ! Been on other sites and the combination of the upgraded board and touch screen seem to solve the problem. Please add this model number to the Ooops factor list! Will report back with results!

Paul
Avenger291 Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:56:21 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Michelle1978 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the info. Where did you buy the part and was it very expensive?

I found it at ************************.com 129.00 plus shipping.
They have a great return policy. Make sure you get the one fir your exact model #.
Michelle1978 Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:29:09 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the info. Where did you buy the part and was it very expensive?
Avenger291 Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:55:03 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Michelle1978 Go to Quoted Post
Just came home to same problem.....could you please advise how you were able to fix the issue.

Thank you,
Michelle

Michelle,

I fixed mine by replacing the main board located behind the front kick plate. It is under the freezer side and will fit out through the opening in the front. It is held in by s metsl cover with a phillips screw.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Michelle1978 Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:24:36 PM(UTC)

Just came home to same problem.....could you please advise how you were able to fix the issue.

Thank you,
Michelle
Avenger291 Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:59:47 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Avenger291 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
Came home a few days ago and fridge displayed CE error code o both temp displays. Unplugged for 5 min and plugged back in error cleared. Next morning woke up to clicking and restarting every few seconds and CE displayed again. unplugged and waited 5 min again seemed to work fine.
Freezer and fridge getting to desired temps. came home from work today and CE error again. this time it would not restart after unplugging.
Just keeps clicking (clicking is coming from main control board) and trying to run compressor.
I followed similar advice from here and unplugged main board and re-plugged, also did same for touch display board. checked connections at compressor as well all were clean and tight.

Since it seemed to be cooling as expected and the compressor was only warm to the touch when it was running does this eliminate compressor as problem?
Is there a way to test compressor?
I found main board for 124.00 but not sure if this is the problem?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Has anyone had similar issues?
Really not sure which way to go on this issue.

Thanks,
Mike
Avenger291 Posted: Monday, September 16, 2013 7:50:15 PM(UTC)

Hello,
Came home a few days ago and fridge displayed CE error code o both temp displays. Unplugged for 5 min and plugged back in error cleared. Next morning woke up to clicking and restarting every few seconds and CE displayed again. unplugged and waited 5 min again seemed to work fine.
Freezer and fridge getting to desired temps. came home from work today and CE error again. this time it would not restart after unplugging.
Just keeps clicking (clicking is coming from main control board) and trying to run compressor.
I followed similar advice from here and unplugged main board and re-plugged, also did same for touch display board. checked connections at compressor as well all were clean and tight.

Since it seemed to be cooling as expected and the compressor was only warm to the touch when it was running does this eliminate compressor as problem?
Is there a way to test compressor?
I found main board for 124.00 but not sure if this is the problem?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike