Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
HumboldtRepairMan Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:43:10 AM(UTC)

Disconnect the drain hose from the sink and take a wet vac and suck the line out you may have something inside the drain pipe. Then test if the rattle went away you solved the problem. It if didn't eliminate the noise detach the drain pump from under the unit and physically examine the drain pump and surrounding area's from underneath unit and within the unit at the base of the sump pump. Also with some of these cheap models the drain pump hangs down with no real stable support and sometimes you can get away with take a piece of wood and wedging it under the drain pump to eliminate excessive noise. Good luck
cambrosn Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 6:41:46 PM(UTC)

After listening to my GE dishwasher rattle during the drain cycle for a few weeks, I decided to look into it. I guess I neglected the machine for a while because the drain was about 75% clogged and I use a bunch of Q-Tips cleaning out the crevasses inside the dishwasher.

At first I thought it was the drain pump starving itself due to the clogged drain, but after cleaning it, the sound remains. It's a fairly loud rattle (like something is loose) when it's between cycles and draining. Otherwise, it's nothing a whole lot more than you'd expect from a 2-1/2 year old budget dishwasher.

After doing a little research, I think it may be a rattling impeller (#430) or rattle in the pump drain assembly (#325). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris