Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
gselvo Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 5:02:44 PM(UTC)

Drill a 15/16 inch hole in the soft cast iron bottom , fill with oil, then hammer in a 1/4 dowel to seal the hole. Pick a spot to drill that is safe. There is circle like the "@" sign and that is a good spot to drill in.
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:31:29 AM(UTC)

I second that nomination
denman Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:17:51 AM(UTC)

PO-90260

I would like to nominate you for the best jiggery pokery award of the month perhaps even the year.

Great fix, I take my hat off to you!!!
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
PO-90260 Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 7:30:14 PM(UTC)

I used automotive 70-80 weight gear oil which I had leftover. Slow dripped overnight. Photos are attached. Good for another 10 years?
sidfink43 Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 4:43:55 PM(UTC)

I don't think this is anything any of us have ever done.

I suggest you call the APP parts department and see if they have the oil for this machine, and if so if they have any info on how much to put in.

I don't see any reason why you cannot drain and fill it as you stated, but be prepared for recognizing that the time may have come for a new machine. I don't even try to repair these models anymore.

Good luck.
PO-90260 Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2009 11:49:17 PM(UTC)

circa 1986-1987 whirlpool imperial seventy belt drive washer

Washer was left on its side and half the gear oil leaked out through a top vent hole. The oil is like thick brown sludge mud syrup so it probably should all be replaced. I guess it could be turned upside down to drain the rest, but how to refill is in question. Can I use thin plastic tubing to drip new gear oil back in through this vent?

What's the proper method?

Thanks