Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
HumboldtRepairMan Posted: Saturday, August 3, 2013 11:51:30 AM(UTC)

bad timer or not a good electric supply coming to unit. Inspect wires and clean connections at the timer, make sure all spades are in place and not backed out inside timer connector......The fact you said it won't advance on certain cycles but does on others sounds like a timer issue.
cappy3 Posted: Saturday, August 3, 2013 9:43:26 AM(UTC)

I have a very old Whirlpool Dryer (made in the early 70's) that has worked fine but recently started overheating. I replaced the rollers about a month ago but it worked fine after that. I've replace the high end thermostat but it continues to overheat. It will not advance the timer on auto or perm press if the temp selector is high enough to turn the element on. It does advance if it's on air. The element is not grounded. I've inspected it and tested for continuity. Also, the vent is clear...I blew it out with a leaf blower
Any ideas are appreciated.