Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 11:22:58 AM(UTC)

I guess it depends on your hardware store.

Also they have to be the same tension.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
moody9207 Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 9:39:00 AM(UTC)

Hi Denman, indeed one of the springs has broken. I will replace both with new. Can I goto the local hardware store to get them, or are they unique to this dishwasher? They appear to be 3/4" diameter x 3-3/16" at rest.
denman Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 1:19:57 AM(UTC)

Correct. You have to pull it partially out from under the cabinet.
moody9207 Posted: Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:41:21 PM(UTC)

Thanks, Denman. I'm having trouble visualizing where these springs are located, but I believe I need to pull the unit forward, correct?
denman Posted: Friday, July 5, 2013 2:15:51 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Parts for Whirlpool DU5004XM1 Dishwasher - AppliancePartsPros.com

Check the door springs (item 60 in the Door Parts section).
moody9207 Posted: Thursday, July 4, 2013 1:05:36 PM(UTC)

The front panel (door) on our dishwasher seems to be heavier. Unless we are careful as we open it, it can easily fall to the floor and bang against our shins. We have small grandchildren and I'm worried about it falling on them so I keep it closed (latched) all the time to make sure this doesn't happen. I wonder what could have happened to cause this problem, or is a misperception on our part? I examined the dishwashwer where I work, and the front panel on that unit seems to have better balance.

Is it possible that something has come loose in the sides of the unit that connects to the moveable arms (pic attached) on each side that connect to the panel?