Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 5:31:27 PM(UTC)

Well, I don't know what to tell you. The agitator seems to be working ok. If I was working on this washer, I would run it with the cabinet removed to try and localize the source of the noise. It could be coming from a number of places. If you want to try that, here's a video of how to remove the cabinet. Your washer will agitate without the lid switch attached but will not drain/spin unless you jump it out with cabinet removed.

How to Disassemble Whirlpool/Kenmore Direct Drive Washer - YouTube

Eric
myslyn Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 5:17:09 PM(UTC)

Oh, I am SOOO sorry this has taken so long. I could tell you but you don't want to hear it, just here's the video as requested:

Clunking sound/Agitator troubleshooting video - YouTube

Hope it helps! :D

Lyn
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 1:43:45 PM(UTC)

Oops, never mind about the dogs. Yours doesn't have the two piece agitator, but it could be the splines inside the agitator are getting stripped. Yes, a video of the agitator in operation might help.

Eric
myslyn Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 1:12:24 PM(UTC)

Oh, sorry bout that. I can do another vid if you want but the washer drained and spun completely with no problem. :-)
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 12:56:03 PM(UTC)

Could be the dogs in the upper agitator are stripped. Sorry, I knew I should have asked to show the video looking into the tub with the lid open so we could see the agitator in operation. Does the washer drain and spin ok without making the noise?

Eric
myslyn Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 8:22:00 AM(UTC)

Sorry for the long time, but here it is. Anybody else think they know what this is? I just need to know what to do and its a Friday! Argh!!!

Roper Washer clunking sound video - YouTube

thanks again for your help!
myslyn Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 6:46:16 AM(UTC)

Sure, I understand. Just give me a bit to get my camera going...don't have a cellphone handy to make video.
Thanks for your quick reply! :D
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 6:42:21 AM(UTC)

Yes, obviously we need the audio as well. People do this for us all the time so we can see/hear whats going on. Much easier for us to hear it for ourselves rather than go by a description of the sound.

Eric
myslyn Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 6:30:50 AM(UTC)

You want me to video the machine making the sounds?
fairbank56 Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:49:16 PM(UTC)

Can you take a video and post it on youtube?

Eric