Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:11:10 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts.
Parts for CTB2125GR - AppliancePartsPros.com
You are missing the last digit so you will have to find your unit in the Narrow Your Choices section.

I am assuming that the condenser/compressor fan is on. The compressor should be on whenever the fan is on as they are wired in parallel.

There is no reliable way to check the compressor parts unless you have specialized equipment.

Below is a good site with info on how to check what you can with a meter.
How To Fix a Refrigerator - Appliance Repair Guide - ACME HOW TO.com

Your capacitor seems to be OK but they can fail once working voltage is applied to them and your meter does not allow you to do this. Note that they are fairly reliable and do not often fail.

Here is info on the PTC starter. As you can see it also is not easy to diagnose so it is usually just swapped out.
PTC Relays | Learn refrigeration

The compressor can check out OK for winding resistance and grounding and still be bad. It may have mechanical problems or winding to winding shorts.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
herman Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:27:04 PM(UTC)

the thing i found is if i jump out capacitor it runs a few seconds then quits but all i have is a digital meter. so i put it on ohms. numbers go up then back to 1 no continuity. i'm not sure if this is the part i need. thank you for your help dave[PART]