Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
PCarav Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:49:37 PM(UTC)

I know it's been a while but I'm hoping you see this. I have same LG model, & exact same problem. The LED light on my main control panel is lit and power is getting to my front control board. Was it the back main power board that was the problem on yours? I was about to replace the front control board but now I'm having doubts :(
waxmanak Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:45:22 PM(UTC)

Replaced front control panel and power came on for a few seconds before shutting down like before.
Replaced main control board and washer worked fine after that.
Did a load of laundry and went fishing. Fresh halibut for dinner.
waxmanak Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 11:35:46 AM(UTC)

LG washer WM2140cw.
Nothing happens when press power button. No lights and no sounds.
Breaker switch and power outlet are fine.
I have tried this simple reset procedure:

Unplug from wall
Open door and manually spin drum 360 degrees (click is heard and display light for tone selection comes on for brief moment)
Wait a few minutes
Plug back in

The simple reset was ineffective at solving the problem.

I noticed if I hand spin the drum and repeatedly press the power button at the same time, all the lights on the display come on as if the washer were working properly but it is only for a split second then all lights go off.

Could this be a bad user and display board? seems to light up just fine for brief moment when hand spinning drum/pressing power button.

More likely the main control board? Any help greatly appreciated.

Alaska halibut fishing trip to anyone who solves my problem.