Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Jean-Christophe Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 3:58:55 PM(UTC)

By the way the correct model number for this Electrolux washer is :
EWLI066FBGWT
Jean-Christophe Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 3:57:16 PM(UTC)

Sorry I forgot to place the letters and numbers on the drawing.
Here is the corrected one.
Jean-Christophe Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 3:52:14 PM(UTC)

Thank you Eric. You are right, I have finally find out how is my washer motor wired, and it is to enable the rotation in one direction or the other.

As I explained before, I have three wire getting into the motor.

Below is the wiring diagram for the motor, as reproduced from the washer label ( sorry for my bad drawing skills ! ).
As you can see, there is a capacitor and an external coil ( winding ) connected in paralel between the two wires going from the control board to the motor.
The control board will energize only one of the wire at a time ( 1 or 2 ).
If the voltage is applied at wire 1, then the current will flow directly through the A winding, and it will also flows through the B winding, but going through the capacitor and the external winding ( coil ). This will start the motor in clock wise direction.
If the voltage is applied at wire 2, then the current will flow directly through the B winding, and it will also flows through the A winding, but going through the capacitor and the external winding ( coil ). This will start the motor in the reverse direction.
This kind of wiring is found on Electrolux washer, Acqua model.
The motor is a YXD-135 type ( run capacitor type ) from Jiangsu Baoli Group ( made in China ).
It happens that my control board is apllying voltage on wires 1 and 2 at the same time, that’s why my washer is not working properly. I suppose I will have to replace the control board.
CochranJoe Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 4:45:45 AM(UTC)

Hey,I am also having washer motor that has three wire and that for extra force it requires and so for your's.
[URL="http://www.aerofixcycles.com/"][/URL]
fairbank56 Posted: Sunday, June 9, 2013 5:03:12 PM(UTC)

I'm having no luck on finding any data on the model number you provided. Can you provide an image of the wiring diagram? Sounds like this may be a PSC (permanent-split capacitor) motor that has two run windings with one being used as a start-run winding for rotation in one direction and the roles of the windings being reversed for rotation in the other direction. This type of motor is used in the new Whirlpool belt drive models.

Eric
Jean-Christophe Posted: Sunday, June 9, 2013 4:35:55 PM(UTC)

Thank you Eric.
I have three wires : yellow blue and white.
White is the common.
When using a Ohmmeter, I have the same reading between Yellow and White and Blue and White.
So how can I tell which is the Run winding and which is the Start winding ?
fairbank56 Posted: Sunday, June 9, 2013 5:00:57 AM(UTC)

Single phase AC motors are not self-starting and require an extra start winding to initiate rotation.

Eric
Jean-Christophe Posted: Sunday, June 9, 2013 4:52:30 AM(UTC)

Hello everyone.
Can anyone be as kind as explaining to me why my washer motor has three wire ( two coming from the control board, one closing the circuit ).
As the motor is a single phase AC motor, shouldn't it be two wire only to energize it ?
Thank you for helping me to understand how all this work.
Best regards,
Jean-Christophe