Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:14:47 AM(UTC)

Hi.

You should open the evaporator by removing the rear cover in the freezer and check if the coils are blocked with snow.
If they are - check the defrost thermostat and defrost heater for continuity. If they both are good then most likely the main control board is defective.
The control board is under the refrigerator side behind the front grill.
You should be able to pull it out.

This directions are only good if you find the evaporator blocked with snow.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and http://www.appliancepartspros.c...gidaire-phsc39egss0.html

Post the results.

Simon.
Cbeko Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 10:19:17 AM(UTC)

Freezer will not get below 22 degrees. Fridge is fine. Digital readout will go down to zero sometimes, but a thermometer I placed in the freezer confirms it is not getting below 22. Everything else...fans, condenser, heater etc. seem to be working ok.

Tech suggested defrost thermometer or main control board. Started with the cheaper part first but continuity test confirms thermometer is working fine. Is there a way easily check the control board? If not, how can I easily replace it. The box in which it is housed does not come out the front of the fridge. Do I need I lift the fridge and try to pull it out that way?

Thanks for any help.