Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 2:20:15 PM(UTC)

You are welcome.

Simon.
RSForcht Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 1:15:45 PM(UTC)

Thank you very much, Simon! I thought I had checked the Thermal Limiter before, but I must have done something wrong. I jumped the connectors and she heated right up. 5:00 on a Friday is a bad time to realize such a mistake.

Thanks again!
Simon / APP Team Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 1:06:22 PM(UTC)

If you read .02ohms when the motor is running the switch is OK.
All the thermostats and fuses in the dryer are NC.You should read continuity.

Simon.
RSForcht Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 12:54:37 PM(UTC)

The Thermal Limiter, is it normally open or closed?
RSForcht Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 12:29:30 PM(UTC)

I must be missing something. It read .02ohms. OL when not running. I first thought it was the Cycling Thermostat, so I changed it out.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 12:13:22 PM(UTC)

Yes, you are correct.

Simon.
RSForcht Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 12:01:34 PM(UTC)

Thanks, Simon.

I assume that the motor contacts 1M-2M are the red wires, if I am reading the wiring diagram correctly and that the motor must be running to check for a closed circuit?
Simon / APP Team Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 11:03:57 AM(UTC)

Hi.

OK, if you checked operating thermostat, thermal fuse, hi-limit, thermal cut off and heating element and they all good only two things left.
It's the motor contacts 1M-2M (they should be closed when motor runs) and the timer.
To check the timer set it to Timed Regular and check continuity between BK-R and TM-BY. No continuity - replace the timer

Part number: W10113761
Part number: W10113761

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Washer / Dryer Control Panel parts for Whirlpool WET3300SQ1 - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
RSForcht Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 9:30:47 AM(UTC)

Dryer will not heat on any setting but blower runs. I have 220V at terminal block (110 on each feed to center and 220 from outside feeds). All thermostats and thermal fuse have continuity as well as hi-limit switch. The heating element reads 11ohms.

I checked all thermostat continuity with a wire disconnected.

One of the things that I found while testing continuity, one of the leads on the push switch to start the dryer {not sure if I am saying this correctly} has continutiy to the chassis/ground.

Any hints?