Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 12:46:15 PM(UTC)

That is correct.

Gene.
jhf1 Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 7:26:28 AM(UTC)

If you put your ear to the reassembled control panel and listen carefully you can hear the timer running.
Gene Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:24:03 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad it's up and running.

Gene.
jhf1 Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:10:39 PM(UTC)

I switched the lead to terminal 1. I can hear the timer running all of the time now. Sounds like the issue is solved. Thanks for the tip Gene! much appreciated.
Gene Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:54:22 PM(UTC)

You hooked up the new timer wrong. That's why it did not work.

The new timer comes with the installation instructions (attached to the post). Per the original timer connections you have a continuous run timer application what means it has to be hooked up as instructed in Procedure 1. The timer motor lead should be connected to terminal 1.

Gene.
jhf1 Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:29:55 AM(UTC)

i installed part 482493 and connected timer motor lead to terminal 2. Should I move it to terminal 1?
Gene Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 5:59:19 PM(UTC)

Hi,

What is the part number of the defrost timer you installed?

How did you connect the new defrost timer?

Gene.
jhf1 Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 11:40:03 AM(UTC)

My side by side defrost cycle will only start if I advance the timer manually. I have already replaced the timer and the bimetal def. Defrost works fine once it starts. When I replaced the timer it started to defrost right away, but will not cycle on its own.