Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 6:06:08 AM(UTC)

Open the front panel so you can observe things while its running. While in spin mode check the motor shaft and pulley. There is a clip on the bottom of the motor shaft. If the clip is spinning but the pulley is not, then the clutch is slipping. With washer off, rotate motor pulley CW (viewed from below) by hand. This should rotate the belt, main drive pulley, transmission and basket. It should rotate relatively easy but will stop quickly due to the brake. If it is very difficult to rotate, there may be clothing stuck between the tubs.

Eric
jlz77 Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:17:08 PM(UTC)

Hi,
Question... My GE washer WASE4220A0WW will not spin, the water pumps out and it "sounds" like it's spinning, but the clothes are there still wringing wet. Since it's older my first thought was the belt, but after looking at other brands with similar issues, it seems like there are a number of things it could be... any information and/or experience would be greatly appreciated prior to purchasing my parts.
Thanks