Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:02:19 PM(UTC)

Hi Joanna,

The first thing I would do is take the dryer apart, remove the drum and find out if that hole is in the body of the drum or not. If it's in the body then it could be due to a missing drum baffle. If the drum itself is physically damaged then it has to be replaced.

You also have to inspect the front drum support for any damages.

Post the results and we will proceed further.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE DVLR223EG0WW Dryer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
jhilts1 Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:36:54 PM(UTC)

I recently have had clothes getting stuck up in the top of the drum... above the door opening. Some ended up torn or with nasty black streaks on them. However, I aso noticed that there is now a hole (larger than a square inch in size) inside the drum where the clothes turn. I covered the hole with some heat resistant duct tape so clothes do not catch on that hole now. Clothes are still catching in the area above the door opening. I also just noticed that the door is missing paint and some metal as well along with rut that has been recreated. I cn move the drum if I stick my finger through the hole. Ultimately, I know I need to replace the felt... but what else should I do and replace? I am manly concerned with the drum and to stop any further damage it is doing. I am afraid to use it and cause more damage.... so I need to figre out a it asap. Any help... please!

Joanna