Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, February 8, 2013 4:40:13 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. Good luck with a new refrigerator. Don't by any one made by LG or Samsung.

Gene.
SandraK Posted: Friday, February 8, 2013 2:54:41 PM(UTC)

Thanks Gene, but I wound up calling a repair person because the freezer started warming up and wasn't as cold as it used to be. Turns out there's a leak in the system and it is low on Freon. He said the thermostat in the ice maker won't let it fill if the temperature is not low enough to freeze the ice. Anyhow, that repair means new coils at six hundred dollars so we're buying a new fridge. Thanks again for your help. :)
Gene Posted: Friday, February 8, 2013 1:55:22 PM(UTC)

That means the ice maker itself is bad. The correction is to replace the ice maker. GE has redesigned the ice maker and the new ice maker can look different but this is direct replacement part.

- The ice maker Part number: WR30X10093
Part number: WR30X10093

Gene.
SandraK Posted: Thursday, February 7, 2013 5:01:39 PM(UTC)

Held power connection from one side of water valve to other and pushed the water in door button and the water went into the ice maker. Now there is ice, but ice maker won't push it out.
Gene Posted: Thursday, February 7, 2013 3:09:09 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: SandraK Go to Quoted Post
...I ran the power over from the door water to the ice maker and the ice maker filled up with water...

Hello Sandra,

Can you explain more detailed how did you do it please?

Gene.
SandraK Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:41:44 PM(UTC)

We have a Kenmore side-by-side, model 363.59527996. Four months or so ago the water slowed down and then stopped dispensing through the door. We didn't want to spend any money so just put a pitcher of water in the fridge. This week we noticed no ice in the ice maker. The ice maker is dry. Now ready to get it fixed. I replaced the valve assembly, part number, WR57X10026. Now the water is flowing through the door great, but still no water in the ice maker. I ran the power over from the door water to the ice maker and the ice maker filled up with water. Can you tell me what I need to do in order to fix this problem?:confused: