Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, October 24, 2016 7:15:12 PM(UTC)

Thank you ThatGuy. I did pass it over to the Admin.
ThatGuy Posted: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:09:32 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: haril79 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Here is a summary of what I've come across : Model #PRG364EDG/06

- Stovetop burners are working fine.
- Setting the temperature and heating method (ie. bake/convection/broil) does not ignite the gas. The igniter is heard but no results.
- The oven fans are on and are circulating.
- The gas is on and drawn out by the fans.
- Removing the bottom cover and flame spreader that covers the burners shows that everything is clean and unobstructed.
- Manually lighting the burners will ignite them and the flame is consistent throughout.
- Placing the flame spreader cover back over the burners immediately extinguishes them.
- Attempting to ignite the oven using the controls but with the flame cover off will not ignite it.

You might be talking to a bot. They seem to be getting into the site lately. I will say they are getting a lot smarter. Their posts almost make sense.
Gene Posted: Monday, October 24, 2016 1:27:21 PM(UTC)

Nothing changed since 2013 :)).
You may want to check the wire between the oven burner igniter and the spark (ignition) module.
If there is nothing wrong with the wire, the spark module would need to be replaced.
The spark module Part number: AP4511814
Part number: AP4511814

Good luck.
Gene.
haril79 Posted: Monday, October 24, 2016 8:47:27 AM(UTC)

Hello,

Here is a summary of what I've come across : Model #PRG364EDG/06

- Stovetop burners are working fine.
- Setting the temperature and heating method (ie. bake/convection/broil) does not ignite the gas. The igniter is heard but no results.
- The oven fans are on and are circulating.
- The gas is on and drawn out by the fans.
- Removing the bottom cover and flame spreader that covers the burners shows that everything is clean and unobstructed.
- Manually lighting the burners will ignite them and the flame is consistent throughout.
- Placing the flame spreader cover back over the burners immediately extinguishes them.
- Attempting to ignite the oven using the controls but with the flame cover off will not ignite it.
Gene Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 2:51:41 PM(UTC)

First of all this gas liter module has nothing to do with Broil. It controls only Bake ignition.

The spark igniter is also the flame sensor and the feedback goes through the module to the gas solenoid. If it does not sense the flame then the gas solenoid will shut off the gas flow.

Gene.
69GTFB Posted: Sunday, February 3, 2013 3:06:26 PM(UTC)

I will order this part from you guys but have one further question :

While replacing this will most likely resolve the oven lighter issue for both the broil and bake functions, does this module tie in to the fact that after I manually light the bake igniter, the burner flames are extinguished almost immediately after placing the flame spreader cover back on or is there another component involved? When I ignite the oven burners without the placing the flame cover back on, the burner flames routinely extinguish within 25 - 30 seconds of being lit and the gas flow automatically shuts off.

Thanks again.
Gene Posted: Friday, February 1, 2013 2:25:13 PM(UTC)

I found the parts list but could not find the electrical schematic, so my instructions are not going to be very sharp.

The ignition system for the Bake consists of two parts: the igniter at the burner and the gas liter module which can be inside the control panel, in the burner box or on the back of the range. I would suspect the gas liter module. Also it is a good idea to check the wire between the Bake igniter and the gas liter module.

- The gas liter module Part number: 618624
Part number: 618624

Gene.
69GTFB Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:02:19 AM(UTC)

Hello again,

After digging a bit more, I found that the actual model # is PG304BS/12. While your site claims to carry parts for it, they are not online.

With that bit of additional information, would you now be able to determine where the problem may lie?

Thank you.
69GTFB Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:34:36 AM(UTC)

Thanks again for all your time.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:31:50 PM(UTC)

Unfortunately they are absolutely different and the troubleshooting should be different too. I could not find any information for the PG304 model and not able to provide any instructions for you.

A spark should be pretty visible and if you don't see it then the problem can be a bad wires, a bad ignition switch or a bad spark module. This is the only what I can tell you without more technical information.

Gene.