Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:54:05 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: JJARVI Go to Quoted Post
...I saw that a lot of the posts advised letting things dry out for awhile. Maybe it was a just a little excess moisture on one of the switches...

Yes, Jeff. This is very common situation. I'm glad it was that simple.

Gene.
JJARVI Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:36:17 AM(UTC)

Gene,
Sorry about not having the complete model number. All igniters where sparking but this cleared up after leaving the cooktop unplugged for a day or so. On this unit they all spark when any one of the burners are turned on. The diagram shows that the switches are wired in parallel.
I saw that a lot of the posts advised letting things dry out for awhile. Maybe it was a just a little excess moisture on one of the switches.
Gene Posted: Monday, January 7, 2013 5:18:35 PM(UTC)

Hi Jeff,

Does it do only one specific igniter or all of them?

The model number you posted is incomplete. Please verify and repost it.

Gene.
JJARVI Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2013 5:41:47 PM(UTC)

My igniter on the cooktop won't stop firing. It continuously fires the igniter at about a 1.5sec interval whether or not the burners are turned on. When starting a burner the igniter fires rapidly as is normal. I suspect it's the igniter module and not one of the burner switches. Does that sound right?

Thanks,
Jeff