Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
rjansing Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2012 2:12:43 PM(UTC)

Thank you for the advice. I guess a day without the range is better than the consequences. :)
denman Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2012 2:09:49 PM(UTC)

It is not a good idea to tape off the connectors unless you can be sure that both cannot short to any thing and that heat will not effect them.
If some one forgets about the taped off connectors and turns the oven on, the broiler will come on, melt the tape and that could cost you a new control board. So it is a gamble.

Elements just go. If you have overflows from cooking onto the element, it will shorten their lifetime.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
rjansing Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2012 11:20:14 AM(UTC)

The baking element in my GE oven just broke in half. I've tripped the breaker so power is off. I have replaced the element before and have one on order. Question is - would it be safe for me to remove the old element, tape off the ends of the power leads and use the stove top until I replace the baking element? Should only be a day or 2.

What might cause the element to fail? The second one failed in less than three years?