Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
abadfish66 Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2012 10:51:14 PM(UTC)

This is the part you need for the refer temps too cold AP3775595 The damper door is broken and allowing cold air into the refer section and not being able to regulate how much air...As far as no water through the door, the Water tank behind the lower crisper drawers is frozen because of this faulty part.
rickgburton Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2012 5:07:38 PM(UTC)

In the top left corner of the fresh food section.
IXLR8 Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:46:15 PM(UTC)

Thanks, Rick, for your reply.

I need help identifying where the thermistor is located.

Joe
rickgburton Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:16:33 PM(UTC)

Check the thermistors. Start with the one in the fresh food section near the damper. The GE Thermistor should read 16.3K Ohms at 32*F. Take a small glass and fill it with crushed ice. Place the thermistor under the ice and add just enough water to cover it. This will be very close to 32*F. The warmer the thermistor gets the the lower the resistance will be
IXLR8 Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:55:31 PM(UTC)

Hi--

With a variety of problems likely caused by a voltage spike, I replaced the control board and the display panel. Now, the freezer maintains perfect temperature, but the refrigerator is too cold.

I have set the Refrigerator temperature at 43 degrees to warm it up, but the temperature won't rise above between 28 and 32 degrees. As a result, the water line seem frozen although the ice maker makes and feeds ice. Also, the compresor clunks when shutting off.

What should I look for as next steps?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe