Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2012 4:23:02 PM(UTC)

Jeff,

Before ordering any part you have to do the troubleshooting as described earlier to determine which part to order.

Gene.
Rugemistral Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2012 11:19:12 AM(UTC)

Thanks, Gene! Is there anything I should try before ordering parts and taking things apart?
Jeff

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Jeff,

You may want to start the troubleshooting from checking the door latch switches and the solenoid for continuity. If they are good then the problem is a bad control board which, unfortunately is no longer available.

- The micro switch (NC) Part number: 4452312
Part number: 4452312

- The limit switch (NO) Part number: 4456568
Part number: 4456568

- The solenoid Part number: 4451663
Part number: 4451663

- The door latch assembly Part number: 4451424
Gene Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 1:24:40 PM(UTC)

Hi Jeff,

You may want to start the troubleshooting from checking the door latch switches and the solenoid for continuity. If they are good then the problem is a bad control board which, unfortunately is no longer available.

- The micro switch (NC) Part number: 4452312
Part number: 4452312

- The limit switch (NO) Part number: 4456568
Part number: 4456568

- The solenoid Part number: 4451663
Part number: 4451663

- The door latch assembly Part number: 4451424
Rugemistral Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:38:53 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Rugemistral Go to Quoted Post
Oops--sorry about that! It's RDS305PDQ6.

Scratch that, Gene--it's RBS305PDQ6.
(I was in such a hurry to correct my mistake that I mistyped again. Yes it's RBS305PDQ6.) Gene, do you think it might have to do with the door more than a blown thermal fuse?
Thanks.
Jeff ("Rugemistral")
Rugemistral Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:37:00 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.

Oops--sorry about that! It's RDS305PDQ6.
Gene Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:55:05 PM(UTC)

The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.
Rugemistral Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:52:45 AM(UTC)

Please help! We recently tried the self-cleaning cycle on our Whirlpool Accubake oven, and we ended up having to stop the cleaning midway because of the noxious fumes that were filling up our house. After it cooled down, we tried to open it, but the door would not open, so later we tried running the self-clean again, this time all the way through, and letting it cool down; even after that, the door still wouldn't open. Using the tiny tip of an ice pick, which I was able to slide down through a hole, I gently pushed down on the latch-hook to disengage it so I could open the door.

Now when I push "BAKE," it displays "350°F," as before, but if you push the up-arrow button, the temp. setting only goes down. If you push "START/ENTER," the display reads "PrE door" and it sounds like it's starting up (just like it sounded when it used to work), but the oven will not heat up at any temperature, even though the "running" sound continues.

Although it slides in, out, and around fairly freely, and doesn't seem jammed, I can't do anything with the latch or the door to make the "door" display go away. I've also tried to reset the controls by turning the circuit breakers off and on several times, but to no avail.

Any ideas? Suggestions would be most appreciated!!! :confused: